Thursday, March 3, 2011

New kit and my pants don't fit so well.



Lets play "whats that smell?"
Just before my ride in crap whether

About a week ago I picked up my new team kit. This is the first team kit and first full kit that I have ever owned; the fact of which just seems to solidify a lot of things for me. Ive taken the next step on my journey to becoming a serious competitive cyclist. It just fills me with a touch of pride and a bit of willingness to suffer just a bit more for the good of the team and sponsors.

The team that I joined is Farestart powered by Colbalt Mortgage (Thumbprintracing.org,) a team that is all about charitable work and actually helping out the community. One of the teams title sponsors, Farestart: is a catering company that hires recovering homeless people and trains them to be chefs. It feels great to represent a non-profit like this. I have a lot of pride wearing this jersey; which means a lot to me since I want to represent people and companies that I feel have the same philosophies and ideas as I do. Why would I want to represent a group that I don't like?
The fact that I am representing a great group of people (both the sponsors and teammates) just pushing me on even more motivating me in my riding and training. Track season is coming up very quickly and I am pumped to get back on the track again. My training has been going very well and I am feeling stronger than at any point during last season. I've worked hard to get rid of my weaknesses and make sure that Ill achieve all my goals for next season. I'm in good shape and Ive gotten my bike more dialed in. I'm ready --- now can it be May already?







No comments:

Post a Comment