Saturday, May 21, 2011

Preseason track (5-20-11)



Well that was an interesting one. As per usual there were three races on the schedule ( scratch, miss and out and a 5x5 points race.) Only difference is that the sun brought out some of the fast guys.

The scratch race (10 laps - one finish) went as expected. People went fast and I was still getting into the groove. I normally take the first race to warm up and see whose who in the zoo.

The Miss and Out (Last rider pulled at the end of each lap) also went as I expected. I really don't like this race. It is just sketchy
and not worth it to me. I normally just fall off of the back and pull myself out of the race. I think that I made my own personal record in this one and was the 4th rider out of a 25 rider field to be pulled. As I said, this is far from my favorite race to be in.

The Points race (multiple sprints throughout the race) is normally the race that I have a ball in. I found myself in a two man break
for the first sprint. We worked well together from the start and I ended up getting 5 points for first and he got 2 points for third. I pulled up and started moving to the back for a rest when things unraveled for me. I found m
yself off the back and the pack was speeding up. I had a really hard to catching back on. At one point I had caught up when the field sped up again and dropped me again. It took me a while to get back on but I did it. A silver lining is that I got some good training back there and I still got 4th in the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment