Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pretty stuff






I have my new wheels now and am just waiting on the tires, which should be coming in on either Friday or Monday. I am hoping that they come in Friday so that I can get them glued up and ready to race on for next Friday's racing.

The tires that Ill be putting on these wheels are Continental Sonderklasse tubulars. They are a bit more expensive that I was looking to spend but I figure that getting cheap tires for some great wheels is kind of pointless. I may as well spend the money and gain the benefit of good and fast tires. Ill be thanking myself later.

I'm really excited to ride on these wheels. They are by far the fastest wheel and tire combination that Ive ever ridden on before.




I really like the cogs that come with the wheelset. They are incredibly light weight and the spines on them mean that changing gears will be easier and I wont have to worry about stripping lock-rings or cogs.
Next up Ill probably be upgrading my frame. I'm still doing some research on some different frames. I'm thinking of going with a Teimeyer but Id like to ride one before spending the money. So far it seems like it is the best bang for the buck. I wouldn't purchase it for a while though since I would like to save up some money and I may also buy a new road bike first (I could use one.)



No comments:

Post a Comment