Saturday, May 28, 2011

Racing (5-27-11) and new wheels



Well it was another hard night at the track. A lot of fast people were feeling good. I got a few points in the Omnium but it was still a hard night. Apparently, I looked worse than I felt for the most part (good? No, probably not) but I felt relatively good. My form is still coming around, I know that it is hiding somewhere in there and wants to come out with the helpful prodding of racing and training. I'm confident that as the season progresses and my training gets better that Ill be right up there again (I didn't start last season out too well either.)

I think that I may mess around with my gearing while training this week and see what I can do. I felt slightly under geared. I feel that a subtle difference will be all I really need.

One great thing is that my new wheels are ready to race next friday; the first night of the official track season. These wheels are going to be a pure joy. Ive only been out on the street for a few minutes and I can already tell that they are smoother and faster.

This was my first time mounting tubulars. I hope that I got them on there straight enough. It was for sure an interesting experience getting them on the rims. Very hard at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment